Worcester College of Massage and Bodywork
The Fold, Bransford, Worcester, WR6 5JB
Tel: 01386 861931
About the School - Bristol College of Massage and Bodywork is a not for profit company, founded in 1986 to provide a high quality, person-centred approach to massage and bodywork at introductory, practitioner and advanced levels. Our aim is to lay a strong foundation in the principles and practice of holistic massage, to a high professional standard. We also aim to have fun!
About the Tutors - Sarah Cohen trained in 2004 and practises in Worcestershire. She has been instrumental in bringing BCMB's professional training to Worcestershire. Sarah came to massage from a career in personnel management and training and running a fresh food retail business. Having trained and worked as a healer since 1997 she now knows that massage practice and teaching is exactly where her passion lies.
Colette Hardiman qualified in holistic massage in 2013 and has a well-established practice in Hanley Swan. She loves the outdoors and walking.
Cleo Struggles first qualified with BCMB in massage in 1988 and has travelled extensively. She recently re-trained in massage in Malvern and now practices there as well as teaching foreign students and refugees.
Holistic Massage Course - Our 11 month practitioner course comprises 6 two day weekends (Sat-Sun) and 5 three 3-day weekends (Fri-Sun). This living, vibrant style of massage practice and theory will include: detailed massage techniques for the whole body; stretches and mobilisations; body image and body reading; subtle energy, including the aura and chakras; professionalism, ethics and first aid; client handling, practice management and business skills.
Other features special to this course are:
- grounding, meditation and self-awareness work
- students’ personal development throughout the course
- emphasis on students’ own body use, enabling us to develop safe, dynamic and rhythmical expression at the massage table
- Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology taught in a practical, hands-on way and always closely related to massage practice
- 3 sessions of supervised clinical experience
- Appointed Person’s course in first aid
- Close supervision and support throughout the course.
Other Courses and Workshops
- Introduction to Holistic Massage
- Chair Massage